Evolve West Coast Swing dance classes are back every Tuesday* at Chrysalis Theatre MK.
At Evolve the West Coast Swing sessions are so much more than learning to dance. It is a great place to meet new people, spend time with friends and have fun.
You don’t even need to bring a partner, all classes are rotated so you get to meet and dance with everyone. Wear whatever you are comfortable in! The majority of the time dancers are in jeans/trousers and casual tops. Footwear wise we would recommend something that is comfortable with a low heel. Once you’ve been dancing a while you may want to find something with either a leather or suede sole to help.
Oh, also don’t forget dancing is a physical activity, maybe not as energetic as heading to the gym but many people still like to bring a towel, deodorant and a spare top, especially in the summer.
• 7:30pm-7:55pm Beginners Rhythm and Basics West Coast Swing Class
• 8:00pm-8:30pm Level 1 – Fundamentals/Technique Class
• 8:45pm-9:30pm Level 2 – Progressive Class
• 8:45pm-9:30pm Level 1 – Improvers/Review Class
• 9:30pm-10:30pm Social Dance and Practice
• 10:30pm You’re welcome to join us at the pub for an apres-dance catch up. Venue is the Ship Ashore in Willen
West Coast Swing (WCS) is a fun, social partner dance from California that is quickly gaining popularity around the world.
Characterised by it’s linear smooth style we dance to a wide range of music from Pop, RnB and Hip Hop, to Blues, jazz and contemporary music. With it’s roots in Lindy Hop, WCS follows a similar timing structure, but it has now evolved into a smooth slotted dance that is social, fun and highly regarded for it’s creativity and musicality.